7 BEAUTY UPGRADES FOR 2017
With the new year well under way, I have finally gotten around to upgrading my beauty routine with some simple, inexpensive products. These items paired with the five minor regimen tweaks with major effects outlined in my “Bathroom Busts” post should have me feeling fresher than ever in 2017. After writing my “Bathroom Busts” post, a lot of you were asking about products I use and while facial skincare is super unique to you own complexion’s needs, I’ve compiled a list of universal musts for your bathroom vanity. Much like my regimen tweaks, these products are simple, no brainer items that will make a huge difference to your beauty routine and will leave you wondering why didn’t use them sooner!
1. Green Tea - Minimizing my coffee intake is a major resolution for 2017 and not just for my digestion and energy levels but also for my skin! Coffee dries out your skin and adds redness flareups to those who suffer from rosacea like myself. Swapping out green tea for my regular coffee, even if only part of the time will make a big difference to my skin. Brewing a super strong cup of green tea is also great for calming your skin topically by simply soaking a clean, soft face towel or cotton pads in room-temperature tea and applying it to your face. Allow to air dry for 5 minutes and rinse with tap water. Green tea is a great topical antioxidant for your skin and will reduce redness.
2. Himalayan Sea Salt - Another great multi-purpose pantry find to add to your beauty routine is Himalayan Sea Salt. Dissolving Himalayan Sea Salt in a warm bath and soaking is said to draw out toxins from your skin, heal and relax you and even give relief to migraines. You can also add the salt to cooled, melted coconut oil to create a body scrub that removes toxins and dead cells from your skin!
3. & 4. Eyelash Comb and Precision Tip Cottons Swabs - An eyelash comb is a tool I feel like I've only ever seen used by professional makeup artists yet they cost just a few dollars from your local pharmacy and make a world of difference to your at-home makeup application. Combing your eyelashes after you apply mascara creates the perfect fan finish for your lashes. Precision Tip Cottons Swabs are a staple for makeup pros and will help you clean up eyeliner, shadow fallout and nail polish application with professional-like precision at home!
5. Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant - This antiperspirant offers 48 hours of odor and wetness protection plus added skincare benefits of Dove ¼ moisturizers and NutriumMoisture for softer, smoother underarms. The smooth application and soft finish will let your underarms know they don't go forgotten in your beauty routine. Not to mention the packaging is as clean and fresh as the delicious scents!
6. Tinted SPF Lip Moisturizer - On our no-makeup makeup days, it's important to rehydrate those smackers! The sun damages our lips just like the rest of our face so finding a lip moisturizer with SPF in it is a crucial beauty upgrade and a little tint goes a long way to give you some color even when you're off-duty!
7. Color Correctors - I remember hearing about the color wheel of makeup and how green cancels red and peach corrects darkness but I thought that extra step was something only experts applied to makeup. With color correctors becoming a major focus for all makeup queens on social media, I thought I'd give it a shot and I was amazed! These inexpensive creams work wonders and a little goes a long way so they'll last you many an application. Simply apply the corrector color that you need for you skin issues and watch them do their thing. Color correctors allow you to minimize the cake-y makeup application you may normally turn to when your skin is acting up for a fresher, more natural appearance!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.